Chest Tricep Workout
For the supersets, complete all the reps of exercise A then move straight on to exercise B without resting.
Sets 4 Reps 10-12 (last set to failure) Rest 2 minutes between sets
1A: Dumbbell bench press
- Don’t arch your back as you press.
- Don’t lock your arms at the top of the move.
1B: Dumbbell flye
- Keep a slight bend in your elbows as you lower the weight to the side.
- Squeeze your pecs to draw your arms back together.
2A: Feet-up bench dip
- Keep your body upright and elbows pointing backwards.
- If you find these easy, place a weight plate on your thighs.
2B: Cable press-down
- Keep your elbows tucked in to your sides.
- Squeeze your triceps at the bottom of the move.
3. Cable cross-over
Sets 2 Reps 10-12 (to exhaustion) Rest 1 minute
- Lean foward slightly, keeping a straight back.
- Touch your hands together in front of your chest.
4. Cardio: Treadmill hill climbs
Time 20 minutes
Start running on a treadmill set to 12km/h with one per cent elevation. Every 30 seconds increase the elevation by one percentage point until you need to press the stop button. Rest for a minute, then repeat.